Other Important Privacy Information
EEA Resident Rights
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area, you have the following data protection rights:
- If you wish to access, correct, update or request deletion of your personal information, you can do so at any time by contacting us using the contact details: email@example.com
- In addition, you can object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information. Again, you can exercise these rights by contacting us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- You have the right to opt-out of marketing communications we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the "unsubscribe" or "opt-out" link in the marketing emails we send you. Registered users can manage their account settings and email marketing preferences as described in the "Choices Regarding Your Personal Information" section below. If you are an unregistered user, or to opt-out of other forms of marketing (such as postal marketing or telemarketing), you may contact us at: email@example.com
- Similarly, if we have collected and processed your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws. Notwithstanding the foregoing, we reserve the right to keep any information in our archives that we deem necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
Choices Regarding Your Personal Information
In addition to your rights outlined above, if you are an individual consumer member of Simitri, you can manage your account settings in the “My Profile” page on the Platform where we provide you with the opportunity to 'opt-out' of having your personal information used for certain purposes
We will send you notifications and if, and to the extent, you have opted-in to communications, or other messages using the contact information (e.g., your email address, your mobile device identifier) you provided to us when you registered or when you requested information from us. You may opt-out of continuing to receive optional messages by following the instructions included in each message. Also, you can control most of the emails you receive from us by editing your email preferences within "My Profile" settings on the site; provided you will need to separately opt-out of receiving our various blog post update emails by unsubscribing to each blog that you have originally subscribed to. You can control the mobile push notifications within the "Me" section of the mobile app.
Close Your Account
If you'd like to close your Simitri account, you can do so within your Account Settings on the Platform. For specific instructions, please contact us at : Contact@simitrigroup.com When you close your account, you will no longer have full access to articles, and any content you have submitted will be pulled from the display on the Platform, but we reserve the right to keep any information in a closed account in our archives that we deem necessary to comply with our legal or regulatory obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements. If, after you close your account, you wish to know which personal information we keep you can proceed in accordance with your rights set out above.
How Long We Keep Your Personal Information
We keep your personal information only so long as we need it to provide the Platform to you and fulfil the purposes described in this Policy. This is also the case for anyone that we share your personal information with and who carries out services on our behalf. Retention periods can vary significantly based on the type of information and how it is used. Our retention periods are based on criteria that include legally mandated retention periods, pending or potential litigation, our intellectual property or ownership rights, contract requirements, operational directives or needs, and historical archiving. When we no longer need to use your personal information and there is no need for us to keep it to comply with our legal or regulatory obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements, we’ll either remove it from our systems or depersonalize it so that we can't identify you.
Security. We employ physical, electronic, and managerial measures to safeguard the information we collect online. However, no company can fully eliminate security risks, so we cannot make guarantees about any part of our services. You are responsible for keeping your username and password secret. Once you have registered with us, we will never ask you for your password. Please create a unique password for your Simitri account and do not use it for any other web services or applications. Do not share your password with anyone else.
Privacy of Minors. To access or use the Platform you must be at least 16 years of age or, if older, the age of majority in your jurisdiction, otherwise you may not use the Platform. If you become aware that a child has provided us with personal information without parental consent, please contact us: Contact@simitrigroup.com. If we become aware that a child has provided us with personal information without parental consent, we remove such information and terminate the child's account.
Data Controller. The information about you that we collect, process and/or use through the Platform is controlled by Simitri Group International Pte Ltd, 541 Orchard Road, #14-01 Liat Tower, Singapore 238881. Simitri Group International and the services it provides are hosted and provided outside of the European Economic Area (EEA), including in the United States, for the purposes described in this policy. The privacy protections and the rights of authorities to access your information in these countries may not be the same as in your home country. We take additional measures when information is transferred from the EEA. This includes having standard clauses approved by the European Commission in our contracts with parties that receive information outside the EEA. We also rely on European Commission adequacy decisions about certain countries, as applicable, for data transfers to countries outside the EEA.
You may reach our data protection officer: firstname.lastname@example.org